St Helens CDS Visual Impairment Team
Who are we?
Two Qualified Teachers of the Visually Impaired (QTVI); Two Senior Support Assistants (SSA); Mobility Officer; Technical Officer and Curriculum Clerk.
What do we do?
We can offer:
- Advice and support to young people with a visual impairment (VI), their parents and teachers
- Functional Vision Assessments (FVA) within educational or home environments
- Direct support in accessing the curriculum
- A weekly adaptation service to provide books, worksheets etc in accessible formats
- INSET for schools, nurseries etc about specific eye conditions, general VI awareness, classroom management, 'Patching' regimes etc
- Environmental Audits of your premises to suggest how you could become more vision-friendly
- Written reports in support of external examination special requirementsBC
Brian McManus / Carole Hughes at
Newton Children's Centre
Patterson St. Newton le Willows