Hearing Impairment Service
Who are we?
The Hearing Impairment Service consists of specially trained teachers of hearing impairment and support staff. We work with families, early years settings and schools to support children with hearing loss aged 0-19.
What can we do?
The Hearing Impairment Team can provide:
- Advice and support tailored to individual needs.
- Deaf awareness raising for pupils.
- Language Assessments and 1:1 teaching for children where hearing difficulties may be impacting on language development.
- In-service training for staff.
- Evaluation and support surrounding hearing aids, radio aids and sound field systems.
- Advice on how a child with a hearing impairment can access the curriculum and develop independence.
We act as a liasion between health, education and home to meet the individual needs of all deaf children.
Sarah Hill / Lisa Stocks
Newton Children's Centre
Newton le Willows WA12 9PZ
Tel: 01744 673135